Now Enrolling for 2018-2019 school year, Classes begin Sept. 7, 2017.

Now Enrolling for 2018-2019 school year, Classes begin Sept. 7, 2017.
Accepting registrations for grades Pre-K-6th. Email jfisher.ccnewtownsq@gmail.com

Monday, July 11, 2016

Inspirational Academics

Classical Conversations Science Fair, 2014
When my daughter was 8, she wanted to participate in a Science Fair (and let me tell you that science isn't my forte). Her desire was sincere, (and I'm the "lead learner," right?) so I registered her at the last minute, and for two weeks, we studied sound waves together and assembled this elementary board.

I had no expectations when we arrived on the day of the science fair, but I should have. I should've known that anything coordinated by Classical Conversations would be stellar. This fair had kids of all ages from multiple campuses, and each child was truly remarkable.

We toured the displays of the Challenge program (7th-12th grade). I was blown away by these kids--they were articulate, creative, poised yet warm, knowledgeable and able to teach that knowledge, and most strikingly--confident yet humble. These were not the kids of homeschool stereotypes--there was nothing awkward about them. These were future leaders and world changers, and I was so excited for my little girl to look at them as role models.

She won 3rd prize in her age group, but the greatest prize of the day was the vision for the future. It IS possible to homeschool without compromising academics or socialization. In fact, both prove to be exceptional with this program!

I love the balance that Classical Conversations brings our family. It gives us a high quality, classical schooling approach while giving us the flexibility and time for the kids to be kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment